Every 2 sectors (or 1 return flight) flown on BA (or eligible flights with their partners) will earn you an additional 15,000 or 30,000 bonus Avios. (on top of your normal earnings)
Here is how the bonus avios will be awarded :
A sector is a single eligible flight between the point of departure and final destination with no scheduled change of aircraft. A direct return flight counts as 2 sectors (ie: London – New York – London). If you connect to an onward flight, this will count as 4 sectors (ie: Lagos – London – New York – London – Lagos)
Notice the promotion is valid on Club World and NOT Club Europe. Flights valid for this promotion are those with a BA prefix and flight on BA’s partners (Finnair, AA, Iberia) that are part of the Joint-Business transatlactic agreement. (flights between between the EU, Norway, Switzerland and North America, Mexico and Puerto Rico)
OpenSkies fligths are valid as well.
Registration for this promotion is required. Even if you have no plans to fly BA or their partners today I would register as you might forget about this promotion the day your plans change!
Book before August 29th to profit from generous discounts accross Europe with Accor. The promotions vary by country:
- Benelux : 40% discount on stays between September 6 and Februrary 28
- Germany : 2 = 1 on weekend stays. Stay 2 nights over the weekend and pay only 1 night. (valid from August 23 until February 2)
- Great Brittain & Ireland : 45% discount on weekend stays in between September 6 and December 28
- France : 50% discounts but only for a short period August 23 to September 8
- East-Europe & Sweden (Bratislava, Boekarest, Budapest, Moscow, Prague, Stockholm) : up to 40% discount on stays of 2 nights or more in between October 14 and December 26
- Portugal, Spain, Morocco, Italy & Greece : up to 40% discount on stays from August 21 to January 12
- Poland & Lithuania : up to 40% discount on weekend stays from August 30 to December 29
Quite confusing all these different dates and the promotion period in France is very short. Still some very nice savings accross Europe.Not all hotels seem to participate…
All the details are here on the Accor Website. [Dutch] Seems you have to book using this page to find the promotions.
Here some promotions you don’t want to miss if your travel plans allow it:
Stay with Hilton over the weekend and enjoy triple Iberia Avois points: Registration required and don’t forget to put Iberia Avois as your double dip partner. (combination of Points & Fixed miles or points & variable miles) Triple miles for stays between August 1 and December 16.
Accor– Up to 500 bonus points for stays in Marseille until October 13th
– Triple points for stays in Morocco of a minimum of 2 nights and some extras depending on the hotel brand. (until September 30th)
IHG (Intercontinental)Register for this promotion and you will earn 2000 bonus points per stay for your four next stays you book directly with IHG. It couldn’t be easier! (promotion runs until October 31.
2000 bonus points for weekend stays (Thursday to Sunday) of 2 nights in Southern UK.
With the bonus you receive this will give you the following rates:
- 1,000 – 10,000 points for $6.75 per 1,000 points
- 11,000 – 25,000 points for $6.25 per 1,000 points
- 26,000 – 60,000 points for $5.75 per 1,000 points
Is it worth it buying at these rates?
- Holiday Inn – Berlin Mitte : 15,000 points for 134€ = 8,9€ /1000 points
- Holiday Inn Paris Ch. De Gaulle : 20,000 points for 198€ = 9,9€/1000 points
- Holiday Inn Paris Montparnasse Pasteur : 35,000 points for 199€ = 5,68€/1000 points
- Crowne Plaza London St. James : 45,000 points for 340 GBP (396€) = 8,8€/1000 points
- Intercontinental London Park Lane : 50,000 points for 599 GBP (697€) = 13,94€/1000 points
If you book by 15 August you can reserve yourself a return ticket London-Honolulu for a great fare of only 690€. Even if you have to book an additional ticket to get to London this prize is still very attractive!
The rate is valid from from 21 October to 30 March 2014. (there is very limited availability around Christmas & New Year)
Book your tickets at KLM’s website.
Marriott just recently announced the new promotion that will be running from mid-september to mid-january.
This time the promotion is called Megabonus again, different from the “Unexpected Bonus” offer that we saw this summer. Nothing was unexpected about the summer promotion and this time again the promotion is very similar to the promotions they ran in the past.
Each member receives a unique offer. “This is personalized for factors such as a member’s history with the Rewards program, frequency and nature travel, along with plenty of other factors”. (according to a statement from Marriott itself) In the past you could easily switch to a different offer but with the last 2 programs this seems to be harder to achieve. T&C of the Megabonus offer specifically states that you cannot switch. There’s no harm in trying however, just expect to get a ‘No’ and be happy when your request is accepted.
These offers have been reported by with Megabonus by various members:
- Earn a free night at a category 1-5 hotel, up to two free nights, for every second paid stay
- Earn a free night at a category 1-4 hotel, up to three free nights, for every second paid stay
- Earn 35,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights plus an additional 15,000 after 25 paid nights, up to 50,000 bonus points
- Earn 25,000 bonus points after 15 paid nights plus an additional 15,000 after 20 paid nights, up to 40,000 bonus points
- Earn 25,000 bonus points after 12 paid nights plus an additional 15,000 after 18 paid nights, up to 40,000 bonus points
The free nights promos are one of the best that are out there in the sector. This basically is a 50% discount on your stay and you can increase the value if you stay at a cheaper hotel to earn the certificate and cash it in over an expensive stay!
Just remember a stay is defined as consecutive nights at the same hotel. (even if you check-in/check-out during your stay) If you have a longer stay in one city and this city has multiple Marriott hotels you can consider to test a few of them and switch hotels.